Glow in the Dark Fun



We were on vacation during the 4th of July, so I thought it was a great opportunity to do some fun stuff in the dark.  I love glow sticks.  I love that you can get a bunch of them for $1.00. 

The challenge is making curved letters with strait sticks. 

We found glow in the dark bubbles.  They only glow once.


We made a firefly

using a water bottle.  We covered half with tissue paper. and wrapped a pipe cleaner around top for antenae.  Google eyes glued to cap make it more fun.  My  intension was to just add a glow stick to the bottle when we wanted to take it outside, but my mom sent us some glow in the dark paint.


The paint is thin but works well.

Just squirt and shake.


Here are some other neat looking dark time activities.
Train up a Child did glowing water beads and other fun stuff.  You need a black light for this.  I like this idea better because it doesn't involve breaking the glow sticks.  I've seen people who have painted with the glow stick liquid, but I just do not want to trust that it is non toxic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash