What a teacher wants- for Christmas



Happy
Holidays
It is that
time of year again.
Are you shopping for yet? 
Do you plan to buy a present for
your child's teacher or other school personnel?
Do you wonder what in the world would this special person want?
Did you
remember
everyone?


  Every teacher you ask will say "I don't need a present."  Teachers do not choose this job for the money or presents.  Seeing your child learn is very rewarding.  But if you still want to show your gratitude or just make someone feel extra special, you may want to present your child's teacher with a little gift.  Check out this previous post about the 10 gifts teachers want.

     I chose to help out the teacher by making some things that I 'm sure the teacher doesn't have time to do herself.  Most of it is stuff I would or do want for my own classroom.  Before making  or buying something for the classroom, I would recommend visiting your child's class to find out what the teachers use.  If you need some more ideas, visit the tip junkie for all kinds of cute home made gifts.

Gift 1
Here is how easy and cheap the first present was to make.
Buy small plastic frame from Walmart.  I bought 2 4x6 frames at $.98 each.

Mainstays 4" x 6" Clear Bent L Frame, Set of 12
I found these on clearance $1.50 after the school shopping was over.  They are great.  They don't smell like the markers do and they don't make a mess.  They even come with a wipe off mitten.  No more dirty socks in the classroom


Print out letters of the alphabet a little smaller than your frame.  I put them on pretty red paper but you don't have to. 

 Put all of the items in a plastic bag. Then I taped some directions I typed to go along with it.



Gift 2
Pre-made sensory tub
In her classroom, she has a small sensory tub.  So, I made an school spirit tub.  I included black beans, orange pom poms, orange scoops, and orange pony beads. 
I typed up a cute label and taped it to a plastic bag with all the goodies inside.

(sorry pic reflected the light)


Gift 3
Edible goodies
What teacher doesn't need a little chocolate stashed away for those hard days.  I will also make one for the aide that helps out with all the little ones in the class.

Gift 4
This teacher does a treasure box as a reward when the children get 5 good check marks.  That can get expensive to replenish with things the kids will enjoy.  I just bought a bunch of little prize things.

Comments

  1. These are wonderful teacher gift ideas!! I love your blog and am following you from the Sunshine Tot school awarding you. I hope you can visit my blog sometime. Love your background!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash