An Easter Egg activity

We can not celebrate holidays at my school, so that leaves all the fun stuff for my daughter at home.  Kids love to crack eggs.   I have exchanged the experience of cracking a real, messy egg, for one with an art project.

Last year we used cascarones to make a fun confetti collage.  Check out the fun on this previous post.
They are colorful, real eggs that have been cleaned out and filled with confetti.  We used glue on paper to catch the confetti to create a collage.
Because it is a real egg, the sensory experience of hearing and feeling the cracking is as real as it can get.

I loved the Easter Egg painting by Teach Preschool.  This year we tried it. 

First we did some predicting.  What color paint could be inside?  Then my daughter tapped the egg on the table, like I do with real eggs.  When they opened she giggled and yelled the color that was coming out of the egg.

When she was finished using the eggs, she stacked them up.  She found they made neat rings from the paint dripping down.  That might be another art project.
 

 
So, now I'm going combined the two activities.  I'm going to put the extra confetti in the plastic eggs so my daughter could crack them open.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash