Do you have trouble adjusting to summers?

     I have tried keeping this blog more professional instead of personal, but all of us professionals are people too.  We go to work each day with plans and ideas of how to make education and the lives of the little ones we serve better.  So, when we suddenly have no one to plan for, we must become personal people who need to adjust to being ourselves.  When I was younger, I did a lot of fictional reading and vacationing.  Now that I have children, I tend to plan out their childhood fun.  I've noticed many of you bloggers have educational reading web book clubs to join.  So, do we as teachers really know how to take a break?

     I am having trouble adjusting to not having a job.  My summer started early in May when Head Start closed their doors.  Now I am back to not having a job.  So, now what do I do?
As you could tell I am also having trouble adjusting to this new format of blogger.  I have not posted since before summer began.  And I am still trying to come up with a good post.  I have so many unpublished posts hanging around out there.  I have taken the Texas teaching exams, passed them, and received my 5 year Texas teaching certificate.  I have cleaned the house, visited with family, and taken the kids to the zoo.  I feel now I should make some educational goals.  Where do I go from here?

     My daughter will start a summer camp program next week and will be gone most of the day.  I promise myself I will work on my summer goals (my bucket list) which are already in progress as a saved but unpublished post.  I hope to show you all some fun stuff.

What are your plans this summer? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash