Rainy Day painting

     I don't like getting paint out.  Not because I don't like the mess, but because with a 1 year old you just never know when she will put something in her mouth that shouldn't be.  Of course she also wants to do everything her big sister does.  So, leaving paint hidden was the easiest way to keep her from eating it.

Well, we got brave.  My 5 year old loves to paint.  She has move from painting colors and abstract type art to making pictures.  She likes making pictures of people.

I on the other hand don't feel confident in my picture skills and like the way colors all over the page look.  So, I used my fingers to play in the paint, and it turned out to be a peacock.  Great for letter "P" activity.

The baby liked using the paintbrush to make color on her paper.  And she didn't put it in her mouth.

Of course, our little copy cat saw us using the container to paint and she had to have them too.  

She quickly found out if you turned the container upside down, the paint will come out.


So, she poured and poured.

It was a great first painting experience, and a cute keepsake. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash