Book Box- Back to School

My Back to School Box of books includes books about family and friends.  We have always done those themes at the same time.

When I Was Little A four-year-old's Memoir of Her Youth by Jamie Lee Curtis
If you have four year olds this one is perfect.  It creates so much language and background information about your children.  We always did a self portrait after reading this one.

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More! (Ala Notable Children's Books. Younger Readers (Awards))This is a funny rhyming book that you could easily use to teach children when it is appropriate to paint.

Are There Any Questions? by Denys Cazet (Children ask lots of questions while on a field trip)
Chester's Way by Kevin Henkes (making new Friends)
Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes (great self esteem)
Clifford Runs to Story Time by Norman Bridwell
Countdown to the First Day of School by AnnMarie Harris
Dinosaur Starts School by Pamela Duncan Edwards
First Day, Hooray! by Nancy Poydar
First Day of Kindergarten by Kim Jackson
Go To School by Stan and Jan Berenstain (Berenstain Bears story)
Hello World! Greetings in 42 Languages Around the Globe! by Manya Stojic (great multicultural)
Hooray for Diffendoofer Day by Dr. Seuss with some help from Jack Prelutsky and Lane Smith
How I spent My Summmer Vacation by Mark Teague
I Can Do It By Myself by June Goldsborough
If a Bus Could Talk by Faith Ringgold (The Story of Rosa Parks)
If You Take a Mouse to School by Laura Numeroff
I Love School! by Philemon Sturges
I'm Gonna Like Me Letting off a Little Self Esteem by Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell (self esteem)
Let's Go To School by Michelle Petty (easy reader)
Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes (great for behavior management)
Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni (Fun activities to go with the book)
Miss Honey's Busy Day by Richard Scarry
Mouse's First Day of School by Lauren Thompson
My Family  A sesame street book
My First Day at Preschool by Edwina Riddell (picture and word book)
The Secret Shortcut by Mark Teague
Teachers Are for Reading Stories by Harriet Ziefert
That's What A Friend is by PK Hallinan
Thomas and the School Trip by Owain Bell
Today I Feel Silly and Other Moods that make my day by Jamie Lee Curtis (Good for Emotions)
Tucker's Best School Day by Susan Winget
What Will I do If I Can't Tie my Shoe? by Heidi Kilgras

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash