Scary Things

When I asked my child what she would like to learn about, she said, "Scary Things."  So we are going to do some Halloween activities in May.

Ghost Book
We read Five Silly Ghosts Playing Tricks at School by Steve Metzger.  It is a copy cat book of 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.  It has ghosts doing some bad things at school and then getting hurt.  Good book to reinforce rules.

Ghost Puzzle
I'm not sure where I got this pattern, but it spells the word ghost when it is put together.
Ghost Foot
We then made a ghost by tracing her foot.   I really wanted to see how her cutting skills were.  It is a nice assessment in October of who can cut because you have to turn the paper.
Ghost Game
This is one of those file folder games.  Someone made me this one for me.  The child is suppose to match the ghosts to the same colored windows in the haunted house.  My child likes to make up stories and play with the different ghosts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash