Tuesday, June 21, 2011

4th of July Fireworks

     When you work with young children, you have to remember things don't always turn out the way they were planned.  Then, you add in a new supply, which makes things even more difficult.  That was today.  First, I wanted to  try spraying with water color paint. I tried using old markers to tint the water.  I saw it somewhere. 
Great for recycling but it didn't show up on the paper very well.
It just got the paper wet.
Then, I added food coloring to water. That helped, but just wasn't giving the firework affect.  I have done this with watered down paint and it does work, but I was hoping to do something different.


So I found this funny thing still in its wrapper.  I think it is a vegetable washer.
I just put paint on a plate.  And found some glitter glue.
Perfect!

Then she made another one with people watching.  Look at the cute little people.
And as most projects end up with 4 year olds.
I thought we had just done enough with color mixing.

here are some other great holiday activities

1 comment: