Eric Carle and The Very Hungry Caterpillar

    


     I'm sharing some fun Eric Carle activities that can be used with the The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  It has been one of my favorite children's books.  I read it every year in the spring when we order real caterpillars.  It explains the life cycle of a butterfly by using the beautiful artwork of Eric Carle.  I do, however, read the story and change the word cocoon to chrysalis.  Because I am reading it for the science content.  I have been to Eric Carle's website, and it does explain why he uses the word that is scientifically incorrect.  Art over Science.  Do you change the word as you read the book?
This is so far my favorite idea to try.  It is so easy.  Though I think I would have painted the head on the ope side of the bag.  As you read the story, children can put each item in the bag as if the caterpillar is eating it.  Great for sequencing and retelling the story.  Get directions here.

Here you'll find cute retelling game using a pringles can.

C is for Caterpillar.  This is Eric Carle inspired.  Cute.
The Imagination Tree also does other letters and just abstract art.

Caterpillar counting.  Great fine motor and number skill practice.
I Can Teach My Child made this from a pool noodle.

Caterpillar Bingo!  Fun!

Here they used balloons to make the cutest caterpillar.  Holding balloons in this way can help with muscle control.  Here is another balloon caterpillar.

One of the cutest things I've seen.  From All Things Children.

Pre-K Bugs  Theme


1+1=1 has a lot of neat ideas in her Preschool Pack










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Math Centers- Number work

Changes, Changes- A book of building and a craft too

Creative Trash